Application deadline vary from university to university. Sometimes German universities only offer winter semester. Sometimes they offer both winter and summer semester. Occasionally, admission deadline can be earlier than general deadline. So, better to check admission deadline on website of chosen university.
Generally, following application deadlines used to apply admission in German universities.
- Winter Semester: Admission deadline is 15th July
- Universities send acceptance letter in August or September.
- Universities send rejection letter in September or October.
- Summer Semester: Admission deadline is 15th January
- Universities send letter of acceptance in February or March.
- Universities send rejection letter in March or April.
Some universities give earlier application deadline for Studienkolleg (preparatory course). So, must check these details in well advance on website of chosen university. Also start your admission and visa process well in advance.
Document requirements for admission application:
In general, students required following documents with admission application.
- Motivation letter
- Copies of all previous educational documents
- Language proficiency certificate
Some universities can ask for these additional documents.
- Recommendation letters
- Previous degree curriculum
- Experience certificate
Must read admission deadlines and document requirements attentively. Then arrange all the required documents.