HEC started an online degree attestation system in May 2017. According to this latest online degree attestation system, you have to build an account on the HEC online portal for the attestation of your educational documents. You can easily make this account from your home.
The process to attest degrees from HEC:
The process to attest degrees from HEC Islamabad and its regional centers are the same. So, register online and get your degree certified from the chosen regional center. You can get attested to your degrees in the following HEC regional centers.
- HEC Regional Center Lahore
- HEC Regional Center Karachi
- HEC Regional Center Peshawar
- HEC Regional Center Quetta
Step 1 – Register at HEC online portal
- First, register yourself on the HEC online degree attestation portal by filling in this information in the registration form.
- Choose Nationality.
- Enter CNIC number
- Select the region.
- Provide a mobile number and verify it.
- Then log in again and in the dashboard, go to the “My Profile” section. Fill in the form with your data, contact, and education details.
- In personal details, upload the copy of CNIC
- In education details, provide all educational information and upload the scanned copies of degrees & transcripts required to attest.
- Save and Close after uploading documents.
- You can get the Application Form by tapping ‘Accreditation and Attestation‘ and further tapping Application Form below Degree Attestation System. Fill this application form by completing the various tabs given in the application form. Also, select the right type of document that you want to attest to. (new degree, duplicate attestation, supplementary attestation, or update a certified degree)
- Now select which kind of document you want to attest to e.g., original or photocopy. Enter’ Number of Pages for Original Documents‘ Or ‘Number of Pages of Photocopy’, which is required to attest.
- Then choose the desired HEC center i.e., Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Quetta, and Peshawar. Select the Checkbox against the undertaking text and Submit the application.
- A pop-up message will appear on the screen with an application ID (The application has successfully submitted for initial scrutiny at HEC.). Please note that ID and take a print of this application form.
- After successful scrutiny of documents, you will receive a message or email for scheduling visits according to your convenience and time slot availability.
Note: Always upload visible scanned copies of all relevant educational documents, CNIC (Front & Back Side), and passport size picture. The size of scanned documents must not exceed 500kb.
Step 2 – Visit the HEC head office or regional office.
- Visit the chosen HEC center on the desired date and submit relevant original documents along with copies of CNIC, educational documents, and a print out of the application form at the attestation window.
- Submit fee at the bank counter within the HEC premises.
- Wait according to the attestation counter’s time and get your degrees/certificates attested the same day.
- You can now use these certified degrees to apply for admission and get a student visa for Germany.
HEC degree attestation fees
- Rs. 800/ charged for attestation of each original document.
- Rs. 500/- charged for attestation of each photocopy.
- Rs. 5000/- charged for urgent attestation in addition to the above charges.
HEC degree attestation through courier service
HEC has approved the TCS Courier Company to facilitate the domestic attestation seekers for getting the attestation of educational documents from across Pakistan.
In this regard, you have to hand over the application form (follow the procedure mentioned above), required documents, and attestation fee along with courier service charges to respective centers of TCS Courier Service for attestation.
The TCS courier company would be responsible for sending the documents to HEC and returning of documents back to you at your given address.
Note: If you want to apply for attestation through Courier Service (TCS), then MUST DEPOSIT attestation fee in the concerned Courier Centre. Fee deposited in banks or online will not be acceptable in case of a courier case.
HEC urgent attestation service:
HEC freshly began an urgent service for attestation of educational documents for those applicants who want to register their visa appointment date on priority. The following number of appointment slots would be possible in HEC regional centers from Monday to Friday for urgent attestation:
|HEC Head Quarter Islamabad||68 slots|
|HEC Regional Center Lahore||35 slots|
|HEC Regional Center Karachi||30 slots|
|HEC Regional Center Peshawar ||10 slots|
|HEC Regional Center Quetta||10 slots |
Assume you desire to utilize this urgent service. In that case, you will follow the same online procedure as mentioned above and select the urgent mode of attestation when submitting the online application.
HEC urgent attestation fee:
- Rs. 5000/- as urgent attestation fee.
- Rs. 800/ for attestation of each original document.
- Rs. 500/- for attestation of each photocopy document.
FAQ about HEC attestation:
There is no requirement of matric and intermediate certificates for bachelor’s or master’s degree attestation. Only CNIC and transcripts or DMCs are required.
Yes, matric and Intermediate both including higher degrees.
You have to pay at the HBL counter located inside of the HEC buildings. You will pay this on the day you will visit the HEC center for attestation.
Yes, HEC Regional Centers provide complete attestation services. The online process of registration is the same for all regional centers of HEC.
Yes, HEC can seal the attested documents at the applicant’s request and return them to the same applicant for further submission to the relevant agency such as WES.
The degree owner himself, through an authorized person or an authorizing courier service company, can apply for attestation of revised degree/transcript, which subjects to the fulfillment of the following provisions:
The applicant has to provide/submit the affidavit about the revision of his transcript/degree.
Sample of the affidavit may be obtained by sending an email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind, the word Revised must be written on the face of a Revised transcript/degree. Furthermore, the applicant or an authorized person must fill the HEC prescribed form and present photocopies of the National Identity Card (CNIC) and degree/transcript.
No, Matriculation and Intermediate Certificates are attested by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Yes, HEC attests transcripts for incomplete studies. These transcripts must be signed by the Controller of Exams of your university before applying for attestation.
Degrees or transcripts submitted at HEC on registered date and time (in person or through an authorized person) are attested on the same day. However, if documents are sent for attestation through selected courier companies, then the process takes a minimum of ten working days.
No, HEC doesn’t attest to foreign degrees. However, the HEC determines their equivalence, and an Equivalence letter can be attested if requested by the applicant.
Please visit the HEC office personally or through an authorized person along with all original documents and CNIC to examine and process the case.
HEC online attestation is for a lifetime. So, there is no need for re-verification.
TCS takes a maximum of 15 for HEC attestation.
If you have time then use a courier service and if you want to get your degrees attested quickly then use the walk-in method.
It’s around 5,000 rupees.