Are you looking for a complete visa process for Pakistani students? Did you know? Germany is one of the few countries in the world that offer free education to international students. Free education is not limited to any specific education level or any specific country of origin. Instead, Germany offers free education for all the levels from primary to Phd. That’s why Germany is one of the most popular education destinations for international students. Most of the international students choose Germany to study bachelor, master and Phd degrees.
Why do Pakistani students want to study in Germany?
A few years back England and Australia were the most popular countries to study among Pakistani students. But now everybody prefers to go to Germany for higher studies. There are five common reasons that changing the mind of Pakistani students. One is free education, second is low living expenses, third is more job opportunities, fourth is high chances to get permanent residence after completion of education and fifth is the easy visa process.
Germany student visa process for Pakistani students:
Generally, Pakistani students go through two different steps to get admission and secure a visa for Germany. I will explain both of them separately. Keep in mind, first you have to start the admission process then the visa process. Many students remain confused and start both processes simultaneously and stuck in the middle. So, better to secure the admission first to a German university and then start the visa process.
Steps to get admission to a German university:
- If you want to study in English then get an IELTS certificate with a 6 plus band. Usually, master and PhD students need an IELTS certificate for admission.
- If you want to start a language course, Studienkolleg or bachelor then learn the German language according to the requirement of the chosen institute.
- Get certify all your certificates and degrees.
- Find German universities and suitable courses on the following online portals.
- Apply for admission as per requirements of chosen universities (direct or via Uni-assist).
- Get an offer letter or admission letter from the university.
Document requirements to get admission to a German university:
You need the following documents to send with admission applications:
- Motivation letter
- Admission application form (you will get this from the website of the chosen university or uni-assist portal)
- Depending on your education level notary attested copies of all certificates and degrees. (11,12, bachelor, and master)
Steps to start the visa process:
- Get an appointment date
- Open a blocked account in any of the following German banks and deposit 10,332 euros in it.
- You can open a blocked account in following Pakistani bank as well:
- Prepare visa file as per the requirements of the German embassy that includes; admission letter, blocked account, and other documents.
- Get an appointment date in German Embassy Islamabad or German consulate Karachi.
- Prepare for the visa interview.
- Appear in the embassy or consulate on the day of the appointment. Submit the visa file and give an interview.
- Wait until the German embassy/consulate give a final decision about the approval of the student visa. They will call you once the decision will be taken.
- Pick up your passport after getting the positive news from the embassy. Immediately book a flight ticket, pack the luggage and fly to Germany.
Student visa requirements for Pakistani students:
Pakistani students require the following documents to get a student visa for Germany:
- Admission letter/Offer letter/Conditional letter
- Blocked account confirmation
- Valid passport (not older than 6 months)
- Biometric pictures
- Motivation letter
- Student visa application form (download from embassy website)
- Certified educational certificates and degrees
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate (if you want to study in English)
- If your previous education is already in English then you can use university-issued language proficiency letters to get admission and a visa for Germany. (It doesn’t work in some cases but you can try your luck.)
- German language certificate (if you want to study in German)
- CINC copy
- Travel health insurance
- Copy of accommodation booking
- Applicant’s declaration (you can download this from embassy website)
- Declaration: Information provided to applicants pursuant to Section 54 (2) 8 in conjunction with Section 53 of the Residence Act). (you can download this from embassy website)
- Print of appointment date confirmation
The total cost of admission and visa process for Germany:
The total cost incurred during the admission and visa process for Germany is as follows:
- Certificate and degree attestation cost.
- Courier costs to send applications to German universities. These charges depend on the chosen courier service and the number of universities.
- 10,332 euros for a blocked account.
- Additional costs for bank transfer.
- Rs. 500 for passport return. (only for Islamabad embassy)
- Rs. 700 bank charges. (only for Islamabad embassy)
- Visa fee 80 euro.
- Around Rs. 5000 for travel insurance.
- Rs. 70 to 80,000 for air tickets.
FAQs about admission and visa process for Pakistani students:
Pakistan Post charges Rs.400 to 3,500 according to the specific courier service packages. The delivery time also depends upon the chosen specific courier service package.
DHL charge around Rs.3,600 and deliver in max 3 days.
Leopard Courier charges Rs.2,200 (student package) and delivers in max 3 days.