Regularly visit this page to get coronavirus updates about Germany.
04-03-2021: Germany extends the recent lockdown until 28 March 2021 with some relaxation.
03-03-2021: Germany is planning to extend the current lockdown until 28 March 2021.
31-02-2021: Good News! Hairdressers and Salons are going to reopen in Germany on this Monday 01.03.2020. They were closed from past 3 months because of recent lockdown.
14-02-2021: Germany has extended the lockdown duration until 7th March 2021. All the previous restrictions will remain effective except the following:
1) Daycare centers and schools will open progressively.
2) Barber shops will open with strict hygiene rules on 1st March 2021.
01-02-2021: Germany has implemented new travel restrictions on United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, South Africa, and Brazil. It is because these countries are more affected by the latest variant of the coronavirus.
28-01-2020: The German Government is thinking of banning all international air travel to stop the spread of the new variant of Coronavirus.
19-01-2021: Finally, the German Government extended the lockdown in Germany until 14th February 2021. The deadline for the previous lockdown was 31st January.
The following are the new rules of extended lockdown:
1) It is a must for people to wear FFP2 masks or surgical masks (medical face masks) in public transport, regular shops, shopping malls, and other public places.
2) If possible for employees, then they must work from home until 15th March 2021.
19-01-2021: The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, and other state leaders have agreed to prolong the lockdown period until 14th February 2021 with new strict rules such as wearing FTTP 2 masks at public places.
19-01-2021: German Government is thinking of making full protective filter masks (FFP2 masks) compulsory in certain places such as in public transport and shopping areas. They are proposing these strict measures due to the increasing number of corona cases.
18-01-2021: Germany’s southern state of Bavaria makes it mandatory to wear FFP2 masks in public transport, shopping malls, and other public places.
Coronavirus updates about Germany in 2020:
17-12-2020: Germany has announced the second lockdown due to increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases.
The following are the rules of the second lockdown:
1) Schools, universities, and all unessential shops (shoes, fashion, barber, etc.) will remain closed. Only essential shops will remain open.
2) If possible, then employees must do home office.
3) Alcohol drinking is prohibited in public.
4) Religious places can remain open with proper hygiene rules.
Total Corona Cases