German Embassy and Consulate demand two sets of all the documents according to the German student visa checklist. You have to prepare both sets with A4 size photocopies according to the list. Along with these two sets, it’s a good idea to make a third with original documents. It will help you to show original documents to the visa officer easily.
Purpose of three sets:
German embassy and consulate don’t take original documents. So, keep the set of original documents with you and show it to the visa officer when needed. The other two sets present to the visa officer. The principal checklist will remain identical, but you can add further documents to prove your claim more reliably.
Document checklist for a German student visa:
Document checklist for a German student visa application for both the German Embassy and German Consulate is as follows:
- Original passport + previous passports (if you have)
- Visa application form
- 2 biometric pictures
- University admission letter/acceptance letter
- Proof of blocked account/scholarship/sponsor
- All educational documents: certificates and degrees (attested)
- Proof of language proficiency according to the method of study: TOEFL/IELTS, the German language
- Experience certificates (if applicable)
- Passport copy page 1 and 2
- ID card copy
- Travel health insurance
- Proof of accommodation (if you have)
- Applicants declaration (available on German missions website)
- Declaration – Information provided to applicants according to Section 54 (2) 8 in conjunction with Section 53 of the Residence Act) (available on German missions website)
- Appointment confirmation email
- Sometimes the visa officer gives you a paper to write a motivation letter in 5 minutes. So, be prepared for this.
- Try to take clear photocopies of both sets on A4 size paper.
- Use biometric photos instead of photoshopped or fancy pictures.
- Attach photocopies of all attested degrees and certificates.
- Fill the visa application form on the computer, not by hand.
- Must prepare for the visa interview.
- Dress well and reach the embassy or consulate 15 minutes earlier on the day of the appointment.