This is ultimate travel packing checklist for students want to travel to Germany for their studies. It includes all the basic items which a student need to survive during first year in Germany.
Before purchasing all the things must check allowed weight of luggage from booked airline. Normally it’s between 30-35 kg for big suitcase & 7 kg for handbag. Students can change and bring things according to their need and wants.
In Germany everything is available but somethings are expensive as compare to Pakistan. That’s why better to bring these things from Pakistan to save money.
This travel packing checklist only includes necessary things which are expensive in Germany. For other things I will mention some German stores at the end. Where students can buy necessary stuff with reasonable prices same like Pakistan. Try to use luggage weight for important items not for cheap items which already inexpensive in Germany.
Things must bring from Pakistan:
- Leather Belt
- Socks (short & long)
- Cooker (bottom flat & induction heating capable)
- Saucepan (bottom flat & induction heating capable)
- Food Storage Container
- Serving Spoons
- Tawa (bottom flat & induction heating capable
- Tea Making Pan (bottom flat & induction heating capable)
- Bed Sheets (single bed)
- Blanket (which can easily fit in bag)
- Basic Medicines (Disprin, Panadol, Arinic Fort, Entamizole etc.)
- Laptop Bag
- Mobile Charger & Data Cables, Mobile Glass, Back Cover, Headphones
- Black Tea
- Spices (especially red chili and garam masala)
- Jaey Namaz
- Extra Glasses Set (If your eyesight is weak)
- Passport Size Pictures
Here are the suggestions for other items. Which students can buy from these German stores with very reasonable prices.
- Gloves, Jackets, head caps and pillow buy from Primark
- Kitchen stuff and stationary from Mäc Geiz, TEDi 1 Euro shop or Ikea
- Shaving items, tooth brush/paste, Shampoo etc from Netto, Lidl, Aldi or Edeka
- Iron also check on Netto, Lidl, Aldi or Edeka. they regularly sell this in offer section with cheaper price
- Umbrella from Rossmann