Turkey Scholarships is a government-funded scholarship program that awarded to exceptional students and researchers to pursue a full-time or short-term study program at the top universities in Turkey. The aim of Turkey Scholarships is to develop a network of future leaders to strengthening cooperation among different countries and mutual understanding among different societies.
Turkey Scholarships (Burslari) Offered For Which Study Levels?
Turkey offers these scholarships to international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey. These scholarships are open for Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs e.g bachelor’s, masters and PhD levels.
See the list of all subjects offered under the Turkey Scholarships program.
Turkey Scholarships 2020 Application Deadline:
The application period for Turkey Scholarships is from 10th January 2020 to 20th February 2020. The applications for 2020 will be received in this whole period. International students from all countries can send their applications from 15th January to 20th February 2020.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Turkey Scholarships – Bachelor (BS) and Master (MS)
|Applications Open||15 January 2020||Application|
|Applications Close||20 February 2020||Application|
|Evaluation Process||February – May 2020||Evaluation|
|Interview Period||March -June 2020||Interviews|
|Announcement of Results||July 2020||Results|
|Scholarship Agreement and Visa Procedures||July -August 2020||AdmissionProcedures|
|Travel of New Students to Turkey / Beginning of the Academic Year||10 – 20 September 2020||Beginning of Academic Year|
Turkey Research Scholarships – PhD
|1st Period Applications Open||1 January 2020||Applications|
|1st Period Applications Close||31 March||Applications|
|1st Period Announcement of Results||April||Results|
|2nd Period Applications Open||1 April||Applications|
|2nd Period Applications Close||30 June||Applications|
|2nd Period Announcement of Results||July||Results|
|3rd Period Applications Open||1 July||Applications|
|3rd Period Applications Close||30 September||Applications|
|3rd Period Announcement of Results||October||Results|
|4th Period Applications Open||1 October||Applications|
|4th Period Applications Close||31 December||Applications|
|4th Period Announcement of Results||January 2021||Results|
Turkey Success Scholarships*
|Applications Open||October 2020||Applications|
|Applications Close||November 2020||Applications|
|Evaluation Process||November – December 2020||Evaluation|
|Announcement of Results||December 2020||Results|
Success scholarships detailed dates of applications will be announced throughout the year on the official website. So check it regularly.
Turkey Scholarships will provide complete financial support and also provides university placement to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
The following documents are required for online application:
- A valid Passport or valid National Identification Document
- A recent biometric photo
- Certified academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
Most programs in Turkish universities are taught in the Turkish language. However, some departments and universities offer programs in English or other languages. Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Most of these programs require international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE (O-level, A-level) instead of national exam scores will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Turkey Scholarships awardees who do not possess a C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2019)
- Researchers and academicians
- Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for.
How To Apply For Turkey Scholarships 2020?
Interested students visit www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr and make an application. Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates. There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Turkey Scholarships (Burslari).
Please keep in mind the following points during the scholarship application:
- Applications are free of charge. Please do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
- Turkey Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system.
FAQs About Turkey Scholarships (Burslari):
Arrange required documents as mentioned in the above article and apply online on the official scholarship portal of the Turkish Government. No need to send the application by post.
Yes, Turkey Burslari (Scholarships) are fully-funded.
Most programs in Turkish universities are taught in the Turkish language. However, some departments and universities offer programs in English or other languages. Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS and other equivalent certificates).
International students can apply for Turkey scholarships until 20th February 2020.
You can find on Turkish universities and courses on the Turkish Government official portal.
There is no application form for Turkish scholarships in 2020. If you are interested then you have to apply online on www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr.