What is the capital of Germany? ( Berlin )
By registering, you agreed to the Terms of Service .*
Username or email*
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
You must login to ask question.
You are eligible to take admission in a German bachelor’s degree with 12 years of education (intermediate & DAE). But you have to study first a foundation course. This foundation course is called ‘Studienkolleg’ in Germany. This 1-year foundation course makes your education equal to 13 years. After that, you can directly take admission to any suitable bachelor course in any German university.
Requirements for Studienkolleg:
1) German langauge up to B1 level
2) A blocked account with 10,236 euros
You can get more information about Studienkolleg in this article.
Private German institutes are mostly not very strict in these things. You can directly ask them about this issue via email and I am assure they will allow you to send a credit hour certificate with application and advise you to send an A1 certificate later.
If this option doesn’t work then I can suggest to you.
If your credit hour certificate is from Goethe institute then get a letter from this institute in which they clearly describe your situation. Attach this letter with a copy of the credit hour certificate and send them along with the application. Later on, send them an A1 certificate by email and post.
According to the Nigerian education system, Higher National Diploma is considered equivalent to a foundation degree or the first two years of a bachelor’s degree.
So, according to Anabin, Nigerian Higher Diploma (Higher Technician Diploma / Higher National Diploma) is directly acceptable in German universities for a bachelor’s degree.
One of the best ways is to ask your chosen university about admission requirements. They can guide you whether you have to give the university entrance exam or you can take admission in a bachelor’s degree directly.
If you explain a little bit about the education system of your country then it will be easy to tell your diploma is acceptable or not.
Generally, If you passed 12 grade or any state-recognized diploma equivalent to 12 grade then it is not directly acceptable in German universities as a university entrance qualification. With this 12th-grade certificate/equivalent diploma, the first you have to take admission to Studienkolleg after that you have to pass a university entrance exam and then you can take admission to a bachelor’s degree related to the medical field.
If you did A-levels or any diploma that is equivalent to 13 years of education then it is directly acceptable in German universities as a university entrance qualification. In this case, you don’t have to study Studienkolleg but you have to pass a university entrance test.
Once you find the equivalency of your diploma according to your country’s education system. Then visit ‘anabin.kmk.org’ and check its equivalency according to the German education system and follow the instructions mentioned on Anabin.
Guidelines to use Daad search to find a suitable university or course:
1) Simply visit Daad.de and choose the ‘international programs’ option.
2) Now in the search section write your keyword e.g medical imaging, in course type select intended level of studies e.g master, in course language select English or German in which you want to study in Germany, skip the ‘field of study’ to get more detailed results.
3) Now click on Search to get the results.
4) Try to find suitable courses with general names and related subjects. For example, find a master’s in medical imaging with the following keywords: radiology, medical imaging, nuclear imaging, etc.
5) If you get nothing in results. Then it means currently no program available related to this field. Use masterportal.com in this scenario. This portal also shows the courses of private universities.
A formal obligation (“Verpflichtungserklärung”, declaration of liability) or in common language called sponsor letter is required when a student wants to study in Germany with the help of any guarantor.
This guarantor can be anyone or a family member from Germany. But according to §§ 66-68 of the German Resident’s Act, it is necessary that this guarantor must be a resident of Germany. A non-resident can not send this sponsor letter to anyone.
The student needs the following documents to apply for a student visas with a formal obligation (sponsor letter).
1) “Verpflichtungserklärung” bank statement of the sponsor (6 months)
2) Sponsor income proof
3) Sponsor residence permit copy
4) FRC form (in case of a family member)
It’s a good idea to do a master’s in hospitality management from Germany especially in applied universities. They offer theoretical studies with one or two-semester practical experience in big restaurants. After that, you can do your master thesis with any big restaurant chain.
There are also a lot of job opportunities in this filed after a master’s degree.
In restaurants mostly you need basic German skills with the English language. These basic skills (A2) you can learn during your master’s degree. You also have the opportunity to do part-time jobs in restaurants as most of the students do in Germany. It will also enhance your experience in hospitality management.
You can find German universities on Daad.de that offer hospitality management courses.
1. Write your intended travel date, for example, from January 2020 to December 2022. Normally we write study duration in this section.
2. Confirm this from your health insurance company and then tick ‘Yes’. Because it is necessary for an applicant to take that travel health insurance which covers Germany and whole Schengen countries.
3. If you opened a Blocked Account then means of subsistence will be blocked account. If you have a sponsor letter then the means of subsistence will be sponsor letter. If you have a scholarship then means of substance will be scholarship.