HEC has launched an online degree attestation system on May 29th, 2017. It requires an applicant to apply for attestation online from their homes.
According to this system applicant first need to registered online on HEC portal by creating an account. Then fill in online application form and upload all scanned documents. The application will be initially scrutinize online at HEC head office or regional centers. After successful scrutiny, the applicant will then receive an email/SMS to schedule visit accordingly.
Complete step by step attestation process is as follows.
- First register on HEC online portal by filling this information.
- Choose Nationality, enter CNIC number and Region.
- Provide mobile number and verify.
- Then log in again, and in Dashboard, goto “My Profile”. Fill all personal data, contact and education details.
- In personal details, upload the copy of CNIC
- In education details, provide all educational details and upload the scanned copies of degrees & transcripts which required to attest.
- Save and Close after uploading documents.
- Then goto Accreditation and Attestation and Application Form. Fill in the complete online application form.
- Enter “Number of pages for original Documents” Or “Number of Pages of Photocopy which required to attest.Then select type of document to be attested like attest new degree, duplicate attestation, supplementary attestation or update an attested degree.
- Then choose desired HEC center i.e. Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Quetta and Peshawar. Select checkbox against the undertaking text and submit application.
- A pop up message appears on screen that application has successfully submitted for initial scrutiny at HEC with an application ID. Please note that ID and take a print of this application form.
- After successful scrutiny of documents, the applicant will receive a message or email for scheduling visit according to his/her convenience and as per availability of time slot.
- Visit HEC center on desired date and submit relevant original documents along with copies of CNIC, educational documents and a print out of the application form at attestation window.
- Submit fee at the bank counter within the HEC premises.
- Wait according to the time given by attestation counter and get your degrees/certificates attested same day.
Note: Upload visible scanned copies of all relevant educational documents, CNIC (Front & Back Side) and passport size profile photo. The scanned documents size must not exceed 500kb.