Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme 2020-21 launched by the Hungarian Government under Higher Education and Scientific Exchange Programme for Bachelors, One-Tier Master’s, Masters and PhD studies.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships Offered for which Study Levels?
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, doctoral, and non-degree programs (preparatory and specialization courses).
Who can Apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme?
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on mutual educational agreements between the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and higher education ministries of eligible countries. These higher education ministries are like the student sending partners of the Government of Hungary.
Students must check their country’s higher education ministry before submission of the application. Because students of eligible countries are required to submit a scholarship application through their higher education ministries. For example, Pakistani students are required to submit applications through the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Similar to other countries.
Students of the following countries can apply for a full-time Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Oriental Republic of the Uruguay, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Tajikistan, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Eritrea, State of Israel, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.
The students of the following countries can apply for partial study programs.
Federative Republic of Brazil, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States. The Lebanese Republic, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Korea, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States.
Applications will be acknowledged eligible only if the applicant is nominated by the responsible education ministries (Sending Partner) of the above-mentioned countries.
- Tuition-free education: exclusion from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 415) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 530) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation contribution: free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca EUR 195) a year/person
How to Apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship?
- First, you have to apply through your country’s higher education ministry. So, visit their website or higher education ministry personally and get all the information about the application procedure. Then apply as they will advise you.
- Secondly, you have to apply on the official portal of the Hungarian Government: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Required Documents for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme:
Ask your local education ministry for their list of required documents. Following documents are required to apply on the official portal of Hungarian Government:
- Online application form
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency
- School certificates transcripts, and their translations in English or Hungarian
- Research plan (for PhD students)
- Two letters of Recommendation and Statement of the Supervisor
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of Identification Documents (e.g Passport)
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
Application Deadline for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme:
All the applicants must submit their applications until 15 January 2020.