Travel health insurance is one of the main requirement of visa application. German embassy demand insurance which cover minimum amount of 30,000 Euros. It also must cover medical treatment and home repatriation in case of illness or death. Applicant also have to ensure that this insurance not only cover Germany but all Schengen countries.
Previously three months travel health insurance was also accepted by German embassy. But now six months health insurance required.
There are so many insurance companies in Pakistan. But only few provide travel health insurance which compliance with Schengen countries. Must confirm Schengen countries compliance before taking travel health insurance in Pakistan.
Many insurance companies in Pakistan are now approved by German embassy. Prefer to take insurance from these companies. Here is the complete list:
- EFU General
- Atlas Insurance
- Askari General Insurance Company Ltd
- Adamjee Insurance Company Ltd.
- Asia Insurance Co Ltd
- CHUBB Insurance Company Ltd. (formerly ACE Insurance Ltd.)
- CICL (Century Insurance Company Ltd)
- Shaheen Insurance
- Continental Insurance Company Ltd.
- Crescent Star Insurance Limited
- East West Insurance Company Ltd
- Habib Insurance Company Ltd.
- Jubilee General Insurance Co. Ltd
- PICIC (Pakistan Industrial Credit Investment Corporation)
- UIC (United Insurance Company)
- Universal Insurance Co. Ltd
- Premier Insurance Limited
- Pak-Qatar General Takaful Ltd
- Sindh Insurance
- SPI Insurance Company Ltd (formerly Saudi Pak)
- TPL Direct Insurance Ltd
- UBL Insurers Ltd
Cost of Travel Health Insurance:
All insurance companies have different prices. Choose which is reasonable and with normal or silver package. Student have to get local German health insurance after arrival in Germany. So expensive packages like platinum or gold are worthless. Get only for one time travel.